27.6.12

It's been a while since I participated in this but to those who don't know Road Trip Wednesday is a blog carnival hosted by the lovely bloggers over at YA Highway. Every Wednesday a question is asked and bloggers are invited to answer the question on their own respective blogs. This week's topic:

What was the best book you read in June?


Out of the four books I've read this month, I am going to have to say that I enjoyed This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers the most.




It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self.

To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up. As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually want to live.

But as the days crawl by, the motivations for survival change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life—and death—inside.

When everything is gone, what do you hold on to?


I had high hopes for this book.

Having read and loved Courtney Summers' previous novels, I didn't doubt that This Is Not A Test would live up to my expectations. I also wasn't suprised when it exceeded them. There comes a time when you find an author whose books you won't hesitate to buy, and I think Courtney Summers is that author for me.

Everything she writes is so raw, so heartbreakingly honest that you forget that what you're reading is fiction and that the characters aren't real. The same three dimenionsal qualities of Summers' previous main characters exist in Sloane Price. Though there is a special place in my heart for Parker, Regina, and Eddie, Sloane is a character that I won't forget. It's been a few days since I read TINAT, but it's still with me, even now as I'm typing this review. 

This novel was a force. It made my heart explode in the best way possible.

For those of you who don't like reading about the walking dead, don't worry, this book isn't about zombies. If anything, This Is Not A Test is about hope when there isn't any. It's about surviving when you don't really know how. It's about living when you're surrounded by death, and when it all boils down, it's about what happens to six teenagers when they are faced not just with the world but the end of it.

You're not going to want to miss this one.

Thanks for reading! <3

Love Letters to Forever . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Blog Templates Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates